While both offers were for the same amount, there was a difference between the two. The first offer was going to have to take out a mortgage and wouldn’t be able to close until mid January while the second offer was going to pay in cash and wish to close at the end of the month.

I weighed both options and decided to accept the first offer. I just felt it was right. They were first, so they should get the house. (though if they fall through, my agent will stay in touch with the second buyers……….. just in case.)